The Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation experienced a year of record growth in 2017.
In a record-setting 2017, the Foundation made 551 grants totaling $1,086,529, its highest ever total and nearly a $200,000 increase from 2016. The number of annual grants has steadily increased, almost tripling since 2011.
Some of 2017’s largest grants include:
- $178,341 to Olean General Hospital from the Mildred Milliman Fund
- $162,200 (paid in installments) to the City of Olean for Oak Hill Park renovations from the Olean Parks Beautification Fund
- $17,500 for Olean fireworks display from the Olean Professional Firefighters Fireworks Fund
- $17,350 for Santa Claus Lane decorations from the Santa Claus Lane Fund
- $15,000 for Olean Food Pantry expansion project from the Olean Food Pantry Building Fund.
- $5,000 to CAMP (Citizens Advocating Memorial Preservation) for purchase of Cattaraugus County Memorial Building
Foundation assets total over $21 million to begin 2018. Assets have more than doubled in the last ten years.
Returns on Foundation investments skyrocketed to 16.4%, meaning growth of funds and potential impact through grant making.
2017 was also a record year in scholarship awards, as local students received $155,503 to pursue secondary education. The Foundation now manages over 50 scholarship funds.
The Foundation led the first-ever Day of Giving for Cattaraugus County, Cattaraugus Gives, which raised over $28,000 for nonprofits in Cattaraugus County. With an additional $5,200 in CRCF-sponsored incentives, impact for nonprofits in Cattaraugus County totaled $33,760.
The Foundation enters 2018 in a state of strong finances and leadership. If you want to join the growing family of donors at the Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation with a fund of your own, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-301-2723 to learn more.