Scholarship applications are available for Leadership Cattaraugus’ Class of 2019 applicants through the organization’s scholarship fund, managed by the Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation.
The Leadership Cattaraugus board of directors established the Leadership Cattaraugus Scholarship Fund at CRCF to make participation in the program more affordable for worthy future leaders in the community.
The application is available at cattfoundation.org/scholarships. Applicants must email their completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31 to be eligible. The CRCF Scholarship Committee will review the applications and recommend the awardees. Scholarship applicants must also apply for admission to the 2019 Leadership Cattaraugus class at www.leadershipcattaraugus.org.
The fund provides scholarships to cover the lesser of 25% of the cost of tuition or $400. The number and amount of awards varies based on the strength of applicants and availability of funding.
Applicants must live in and/or work in Cattaraugus County and be employed by a small (fewer than 100 employees) government entity, nonprofit or small business independently owned and operated in Cattaraugus County.
Applicants are judged by criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
- The individual is an existing or emerging leader as demonstrated by:
- Holds a leadership position in his/her organization or expects to move into a leadership position within his/her organization in the next six to 12 months.
- Serves as a formal or informal leader in his/her community. Examples include:
- Serving as an elected official.
- Leadership in a civic or faith-based activity outside of the workplace.
- Coaching a sport.
- Coordinating a community activity/fundraising effort, etc.
- Has a vested interest in creating sustainable vibrant Cattaraugus County communities as demonstrated by community volunteerism and other similar activities.
- Engages in or expresses willingness to engage in community service activities (volunteerism, community campaigns, service on a board, etc.)
Awarded for the first time in 2018, the fund made possible two scholarships of $325 each to support class members.
Leadership Cattaraugus’ goal is to identify future leaders of the area and help them develop the skills they will need to work more effectively for the betterment of all the people in Cattaraugus County.
Donations can be made to the Leadership Cattaraugus Scholarship Fund at CRCF, 301 North Union St., Suite 203, or online at cattfoundation.org.
Established in 1994, the Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation is growing good by connecting donors to the causes they care about most in the region. Grants from the foundation support many areas, including education, scholarships, health care, the arts, community development, human service, and youth development. To learn more, call (716) 301-CRCF (2723), email email@example.com, or visit online at www.cattfoundation.org. CRCF is also on Facebook (facebook.com/cattfoundation) and Twitter (@CattFoundation).