The Common Scholarship Application
The scholarship application process is now closed. Students who applied this year and scholarship reviewers can still access the scholarship portal: CLICK HERE TO OPEN THE SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL.
For students who applied this year:
- Students with open applications are encouraged to check email regularly for updates.
- July 6 – Acceptance form and necessary documents are due
For multi-year scholarship recipients:
- July 6 – Students must submit transcripts and acceptance forms
For high school juniors:
- Check back in 2019 to apply!
How to apply:
- Review all CRCF Scholarship Funds to determine eligibilty.
- Create an account in the scholarship portal and start your application.
Tips for a great application
- Start early! Through the online application, you will submit requests to your guidance counselor and two references – the sooner you send them your requests, the more likely you will have your application completed by the deadline
- Review the list of scholarships, decide which criteria you meet and apply for the appropriate scholarships. Show how you meet the criteria for those awards in your goal statement and any other scholarship-specific portions of the application.
- If any of the awards list financial need as a factor, be sure to include your FAFSA information as requested in the application. Without your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number, you will not be considered for those awards.
- Your application is the picture you paint of yourself and the only way the scholarship reviewers know if you are deserving, so your application needs to reflect your best portrait. Be sure to list your academic, extracurricular and volunteer activities and awards. It isn’t considered bragging if you’re being honest about your achievements!
- Choose your references wisely. Scholarship reviewers rely on your recommendation letters to learn how others perceive you. Ask for recommendations from people who know you well enough to write a letter that helps you stand out.
- Proofread your application. Better yet, ask someone else to proof it as well. Spelling and grammar matter, and they reflect the amount of effort you put into your application.
- Check your email regularly. If a part of your application is incomplete, for instance if a reference letter hasn’t been submitted, CRCF will send you an email notification. As the applicant, it is up to you to make sure all the required pieces for your application make it to the Foundation by the deadline. The scholarship committee does not review incomplete applications and does not consider them for awards.
- Submit your application by the deadline. The scholarship committee does not review late applications and does not consider them for awards.
- If you have questions, ask your guidance counselor for help or call or email the Foundation at 716-301-2723, email@example.com.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
While most scholarships at CRCF can be applied for through the scholarship portal, the following applications are separate:
Leadership Cattaraugus Scholarship – Please note that this form is ONLY to be considered for scholarship funds. Applications for the Leadership Cattaraugus Class of 2018 are available at leadershipcattaraugus.org and here: Leadership Cattaraugus Scholarship Fund Application Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16.
How to create an account in the scholarship portal
Students can save their applications and make changes and additions before submitting.