The Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation currently manages more than $15 million in assets for more than 130 different funds, including endowed, non-endowed, scholarship and agency funds. Since its inception in 1994 the Community Foundation has helped to distribute more than $5.6 million in grants and scholarships.
Each fund’s purpose and grant-making guidelines are established by the donor(s). For information on each specific fund see our Funds page.
- Donor Advised – Donor recommends grants to qualifying charitable organizations.
- Donor Designated – Benefits one or more specific charitable organizations named by donor.
- Field of interest – Benefits broad charitable purposes such as arts, education or human services.
- Scholarship – Awarded based on criteria established by donor.
- Unrestricted – Grants can be made based on current and changing community needs.
- Agency – All or part of a nonprofit’s endowment to be managed by the foundation for the sole benefit of that organization
The Foundation also manages the Community Fund and awards grants on a competitive basis.